Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
If your mornings are focused on beating rush hour traffic, arriving
One way to add proper nutrition back into your mornings is by planning ahead and making breakfasts ahead of time, such as scrambled eggs, a green smoothie or a homemade greek yogurt parfait. But if you find you're too busy or exhausted to even think about meal prep when you get home at the end of the day, the last thing you'll want to do is
I refer to chia seed pudding as the perfect breakfast recipe for the busiest people on the planet. Not only does it take less than 30 seconds to prepare without any fuss, but it's full of the exact nutrients we need to carry out the tasks in our everyday lives without feeling burnt out by the evening.
Health Benefits of Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Pudding
Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids
Chia seeds are one of the highest plant sources of omega 3 essential fatty acids. Omega 3 essential fatty acids are called "essential” because our bodies don't produce them. Therefore we must obtain them from our diet to support our overall health and wellness. Omega 3's are needed for a healthy cardiovascular system, efficient digestion, healthy hormones and mental clarity and focus, and also promote natural weight loss. If you find that your attention span is short during the day, or you have a hard time focusing, omega 3 fats are a brain supportive nutrient that should be included in your diet each day.
Fiber is a nutrient found in unprocessed whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts
Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin found abundantly in berries that
Potassium is an electrolyte that promotes healthy muscle function and cardiovascular health. Bananas are often referred to as "potassium sticks” because they contain high levels of this nutrient. Potassium helps lower blood pressure levels, which are elevated by stress and from eating processed foods or fast food high in sodium.
Chlorella Growth Factor (
Chlorella Growth Factor, also known as
Chlorella Growth Factor is only found in chlorella, and supports the body at a cellular level because it contains the nucleic acids RNA and DNA. The primary function of RNA and DNA is to produce healthy cells and give cells the "blueprint” to repair and regenerate.
Our bodies must produce RNA and DNA on their own, and the amount we're able to produce declines with age. This is why it's so beneficial to receive RNA and DNA from food sources, such as chlorella. The fact that your body is receiving RNA and DNA from your diet also helps your body conserve energy, since it has one less job to do.The ingredient in this recipe that provides Chlorella Growth Factor is Sun Wakasa Gold Plus.
Now for the recipe!
Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Pudding
Equipment Required: a glass mason jar with a lid, measuring cup and spoon
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- unsweetened nut or rice milk (enough to completely cover the chia seeds- approximately 1 cups)
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¾ cup strawberries
- 30 ml Sun Wakasa Gold Plus
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- fresh mint to garnish
1. Place chia seeds in glass mason jar with berries, banana and nut or rice milk. Stir, ensuring the milk completely covers the chia seeds, berries
2. Add vanilla and Sun Wakasa Gold Plus, stirring again until mixture is combined.
3. Place in refrigerator overnight, or until chia seeds form a jelly-like, pudding texture (approximately 4-6 hours).
4. Remove jar from fridge when ready to eat and garnish with mint. This breakfast is perfect as a healthy "grab and go” option because it doesn't require refrigeration once it's set. Simply keep the mason jar lid on and bring it with you wherever you need to go. (Just don't forget to pack a spoon!)
Chia seed pudding stays fresh in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Why not prepare a few of them ahead of time so that you always have a snack with superfoods available?