Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
No matter how vigilant you are, your skin takes a beating. It’s a tough world out there – and your skin is on the front lines.
However, all is not lost. You don’t have to resign yourself to your skin showing every battle it has waged with the elements.
Every day, people come to my practice hoping that they can reverse some of the damage they see on their face. And I offer them these three steps as the best there are. No surgery or lasers needed.
Put these 3 skin renewal steps to work. And revel in what you see when you look in the mirror.
Step 1: Hydrate Your Skin
Your skin needs water more than anything else.
Consider this: Newborns’ skin can have as much as 83% water content.  Young children have about 65% water concentration in their skin. However, as we age, our bodies just can’t seem to hold onto it as well. An adult woman averages about 55% water.
Now it’s hard to change how your body retains water as you get older. But no matter what, you can make sure you replenish your water supply more quickly by drinking more.
When you’re well hydrated, you’ll enjoy fuller, smoother skin. Wrinkles and sags start to disappear as your skin stretches tautly across your face.
But the benefits go even further . . .
- Your body uses water to help remove toxins from your body.
- Water increases blood flow, making it easier for your body to bring nutrients to your skin.
- Good hydration increases your immune system’s mobility, making it easier for your body to repair damaged areas.
Simply by drinking more water you’ll make it easier for your body’s innate repair crews to do their work on your skin.
Step 2: Nourish Your Skin
From collagen-production to immunity, your skin depends on good nutrition to keep doing its job . . . and looking good while doing it.
Key nutrients for your skin include:
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a key nutrient in collagen production. Even more intriguing, recent laboratory studies indicate that vitamin C may actually turn on genes in your skin cells responsible for regeneration.
- Vitamin A –Recent research shows that vitamin A seems to increase the production of two key skin health components – procollagen, the precursor to collagen, and glycosaminoglycan. Glycosaminoglycan seems to help your skin hold onto water, help with collagen production and reduce wrinkles.
- Nucleic Acids – Anti-aging pioneer, Dr. Ben Frank, author of the classic book Eat and Grow Young, pointed out, healthy cell replication requires a good supply of nucleic acids. Dr. Frank noted that a diet high in nucleotides resulted in less wrinkles and better skin tone.
- Beta Glucans –Clinical studies have demonstrated these special immune-stimulating molecules can help burn patients heal, protect your skin from UV light and speed up overall skin renewal.
By giving your skin these essential nutrients, you help your skin take care of itself.
Step 3: Restore Your Skin
Beaten up by the elements , your skin is constantly regenerating itself. Cell by cell, your body keeps rebuilding this outer frontier. On average the entire outer layer of your skin is replaced every week.
Your body requires tremendous nutrition simply to fuel this constantly changing set of cells.
And it also requires very specific nutrition that stimulates and supports cell replication. Nutrition like chlorella growth factor (CGF).
Growth factors are found throughout nature, in plants and animals alike. They are the chemical signals that promote wound healing and tissue growth, through cell replication and differentiation.
Chlorella growth factor (CGF) found only in chlorella, stimulates renewal exceptionally well. And CGF’s renewing effects don’t stop with chlorella. It’s been shown to safely speed up tissue repair and healing in our skin. In lab studies, researchers have demonstrated that it even seems to slow down aging at the cellular level.
Nourish And Renew Your Skin With Sun Chlorella
Hydrate, nourish and renew. Your skin needs you to take on all 3 of these tasks.
Sun Chlorella can’t substitute for water.
But when it comes to nourishment and renewal, Sun Chlorella gives you extraordinary skin nutrition.
Rich in vitamin A and the only source of CGF, each time you eat your chlorella tablets you’re getting the nutrients your skin needs to stay supple and healthy. You’re recharging your whole body, including your largest organ – your skin. With our CGF-rich Sun Chlorella cream, you can give your skin essential nutrition directly. Paraben- and propylene glycol-free, this skin cream gives your skin all of chlorella’s antioxidants and soothing botanical extracts. Chlorella can help your skin in these ways and more.
Author: Dr. Andrew Racette