To our valued customers, in accordance with LA County Safer At Home order, Sun Chlorella USA will temporarily close down our business operations until at least 04/19/20. Please know that our online store is closed; however, Sun Chlorella products are still available at the following retailers: Thrive Market, Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, IHerb, All-Star Health, Erewhon, Fresh Thyme, Mother’s Market, Sprouts, and select Wholefoods. We understand this may be a frustrating time, so we will have a team to answer any questions you may have starting Monday, 03/23/20. You can reach them by calling 1-800-829-2828 ext 2455 or via email at [email protected]nchlorellausa.com. We hope for the health and safety of you all.
Healthy Homemade Energy Bar Recipe
These healthy homemade energy bars are made with the adaptogen Organic Sun Eleuthero to help you increase energy and fight stress.
By Brandi Black, RHN
Cortisol: The Stress Hormone Behind Your Sugar Cravings
What is Eleuthero?
Healthy Homemade Energy Bar Recipe with Organic Sun Eleuthero
These healthy homemade energy bars are made with Sun Eleuthero, an adaptogen that increases energy and helps fight stress
● 1 1/4 cups cooked quinoa
● 1 ripe banana
● 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + extra to sprinkle on top
● 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
● the juice of 2 freshly squeezed limes
● 3/4 cup dates, soaked for 1-2 hours with pits removed
● 2 tbsp Sun Eleuthero Extract
● 1/2 cup raw almond butter
● 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted + extra to grease the baking sheet
● also optional: top with a touch of nut butter (sunflower seed butter on top of these...I have no words for just how good that tasted!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place all ingredients except the quinoa in your food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add mixture and cooked quinoa in a large mixing bowl.
4. Once all ingredients are combined, grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and place the mixture evenly throughout the dish, and sprinkle additional coconut.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
6. Let cool and enjoy! These bars can be individually wrapped in plastic wrap as a quick grab-n-go stress-busting snack, or stored in the freezer for later. Keep refrigerated in a glass, airtight container.
Author: Aiko Jin
It’s always important to check in with a licensed healthcare practitioner before adding a nutritional supplement to your diet.
About Brandi Black, RHN
Brandi Black is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist from Vancouver, B.C. Experiencing her own health challenges at a young age led her to become passionate about educating on the healing properties of food, and how to achieve hormone balance, clear skin and sustainable weight loss naturally. In her spare time you'll find Brandi writing in her blog and hanging out with her teacup chihuahua, Coconut.
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...