By Brandi Black, RHN
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Look no further: you’ve found the ultimate nourishing, comforting morning (or anytime) drink recipe. This turmeric latte recipe with chlorella offers a unique superfood twist on the traditional Ayurvedic recipe for Golden Milk, which is a natural remedy for reducing inflammation, promoting clear skin and supporting healthy digestion.
What Are The Health Benefits of Turmeric?
What Are The Health Benefits of Chlorella?
Chlorella and Turmeric: Similar Superfoods?
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Digestive support
- Skin health
Turmeric Latte Recipe With Chlorella
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Sun Chlorella powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cracked black pepper (optional to improve turmeric absorption)
- In a small saucepan, warm up coconut or almond milk on medium low heat (do not turn up any higher, as you don’t want to boil or burn the milk).
- Once the milk begins to warm up, add turmeric powder, coconut oil, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon. Add chlorella last. Stir, then whisk to thoroughly combine ingredients and create foam. (You can also use a handheld milk frother).
- Once the ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated and you’re satisfied with the froth, remove from heat and add sweetener of choice.
Author: Brandi Black, RHN