FREE Ground Shipping and USPS Priority Shipping on U.S. orders over $50.
Chocolate Chlorella Sandwhich Cookies
Vegan-friendly chocolate cookies filled with chlorella frosting
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 10-11 minutes
Total servings: 10-12 cookies
Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches:
¼ cup (57 grams) vegan butter
½ cup+ 2 Tablespoons (75 grams) powdered sugar
1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 Tablespoons water, left to sit 5 minutes)
1 tsp (5 grams) vanilla bean paste
1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons (21 grams) cocoa powder
¼ tsp (1.5 grams) salt
½ cup (113 grams) vegan butter
1 packet Sun Chlorella Powder
1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and make the flax egg.
2. First, make the chocolate cookies. Add the vegan butter and powdered sugar to a bowl and cream together until fluffy. Then, add in the flax egg and vanilla and mix together.
3. Next, add in the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Then, mix together into a thick chocolate cookie dough. If the dough is too sticky, add it to the fridge to chill and firm up for 10-15 minutes.
4. Roll the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper until about ½" thick in height. Make sure not to roll the dough out too thin or it will be hard to cut out shapes.
5. Next, use a cookie cutter to cut out an even amount of top and bottom cookies (about 20-24 total). Each time you cut out cookies, form the scraps into a ball and roll out again until no dough is left.
6. Add the cookies to a lightly greased baking sheet or a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 10-11 minutes until the cookies are cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking tray for another 5 minutes. Then, move to a cookie cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
8. While the cookies are cooling, make the chlorella frosting.
9. Add the vegan butter to a large mixing bowl and whip until fluffy. Then, add in the Sun Chlorella powder and mix until smooth.
10. Once the chlorella powder has been mixed in, gradually add in the powdered sugar and whip together until you have a fluffy green frosting.
11. Add the frosting to a piping bag and pipe until ½ of the chocolate cookies. Then, add another chocolate cookie on top to sandwich together.