Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Sun Chlorella USA Corp.
Torrance, CA 90505
Sun Chlorella USA
is seeking a dynamic, entry-level Regulatory Affairs Specialist
to join our team in
Torrance, CA 90505.
All ranges of experience will be considered!
Who We Are:
Sun Chlorella is the world’s premier provider of chlorella and eleuthero supplements for almost 50 years. Founded in Japan, where chlorella is cherished for health and longevity, our high quality and proprietary harvesting process provides optimal nutrient absorption and has set us apart from all other chlorella brands.
The mission of Sun Chlorella is to bring the life-affirming, nourishing nutrition of chlorella to the world. With a proactive approach to operational excellence, we promote advanced research, product development and superior quality. Our model ensures a highly positive environment that cultivates employee development, public education and customer service.
This position is responsible for most external communication processes applicable to Sun Chlorella USA’s (SCUSA) products and marketing material including proofing, editing, and statutory compliance for FDA and FTC regulations, trademark and product license registrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions. Serves as the primary contact for outside counsel and relevant contacts, regarding FDA, FTC, product licensing, and third-party certification matters.
• Responsible for researching and keeping abreast of emerging FDA & FTC regulatory updates, and deciphering which updates are applicable to Company’s product and operations.
• Responsible for maintaining knowledge base of existing and emerging FDA and FTC regulatory updates and communicate all information affecting the Company, and any international projects/products.
• Facilitates communication and serves as the liaison in matters pertaining to the Natural Health Products Directorate, and other international regulatory bodies.
• Monitors proposed legislation and regulations for possible impact and effect on Sun Chlorella USA.
• Initiates and facilitates third party certifications of the Sun Chlorella product line. Develops and prepares data required for submission to regulatory offices.
• Serves as the regulatory coordinator of new product developments and re-design of current products including but not limited to packaging, labeling, inserts, ingredient research, and certifications. Coordinates communication with Sun Chlorella Corp (SCC), keeping SCC informed of product and labeling compliance, new product development, and product testing.
• Under the general direction of the Brand Communications Manager, ensures that all SCUSA communications materials and packaging comply with necessary regulations.
• Based on research and analysis, advises the Brand Communications Manager about regulatory compliance of trademarks, product packaging, new product development projects, product testing, and branding efforts. Serves as the primary contact for trademark counsel. Compiles and maintains regulatory documentation and provides trademark-reporting summary to Sun Chlorella Corp. on a monthly basis.
• Reviews and evaluates testimonials and all marketing materials to be used in marketing efforts for compliance with current regulations.
• Copywriting for marketing collateral, packaging, and other materials as directed by the Company.
• Compiles and analyzes data affecting nutritional supplements and health food industries – mainly technical and background information or other pertinent data – through primary and secondary research.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
• To perform this job successfully, this individual must have excellent verbal and written communications.
• Excellent organizational skills are required.
• Must be self-directed and able to function under general supervision.
• Must also be able to adjust to fluctuating assignments and workloads.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess skills in reviewing outgoing correspondence and reports for general rules of composition, and grammar as well as keeping current of all authoritative agency regulations on copy and structure /function claims.
• Must be able to generate and analyze reports or data, in order to provide suggestions or advise team accordingly.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Must be able to stay focused when working under pressure to meet deadlines, be able to handle multiple projects at once, work as part of a team or independently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts/Science (BA/BS) and two to three years related experience and/or training in compliance related industries preferred, but not required.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
• Salary - DOE
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Disability and Life Insurance Coverage (100% covered by the company)
• 401(k) plan and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
• Paid Time Off and 13 Paid Holidays
• Frequent department contests and company-wide fun events
• Casual Friday and Friday Goodies
• Collaborative Work Environment that Promotes Healthy Living!
Job Type: Full-time
• Regulations: 1 year ( Preferred )
• Statutory: 1 year (Preferred)
• Legislation: 1 year (Preferred)
• Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
• Bachelor's (Required)
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.