Thank you for your patience and support. Our online store is now open! While we are working as quickly as we can, we ask for your understanding, as you may experience longer than normal delivery times. Our current transit time is 3-4 weeks. We are grateful to serve you once again. Questions? Call 1-800-829-2828 ext. 2455 or email [email protected]
Rejuvenating Orange Cupcakes
By Aiko Jin
Sun Wakasa Gold Plus can do amazing things for your body, like helping to repair damaged cells. The best part? You can add it to almost anything.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Sun Wakasa Gold Plus can be added to almost anything-try some today in decadent buttercream frosting. Enjoy citrus packed Rejuvenating Orange Cupcakes with your afternoon tea to renew your body and soul. Featuring a bright, tangy flavor and a touch of sweetness from our Sun Wakasa Gold Plus, this treat is a perfect way to carry you through the day.
A little bit about Sun Wakasa Gold Plus…
Sun Wakasa Gold Plus contains an extract of Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF), the nucleotide-peptide complex completely unique to chlorella. CGF is what gives Chlorella its ability to reproduce at an astounding rate, and when ingested, CGF may actually help stimulate cellular repair and renewal. No other food in the world can do what CGF does -- happy guilt-free baking!
Yield: 20-24 cupcakes
• 2 ¼ cups flour
• 3 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 ¼ cups light brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 4 Tbsp maple syrup
• 3/4 Tbsp orange extract
• 1 cup canola oil
• 1 cup cashew milk (or any type of milk/non-dairy milk)
• 1/2 cup orange juice (no pulp)
• 1/2 cup butter
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 0.5 ml Sun Wakasa Gold Plus®
• 1 tsp orange extract
• Natural orange food coloring, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two twelve-count cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, eggs, maple syrup, orange extract, and canola oil. Slowly stir in the cashew milk and orange juice until well-mixed.
4. Spoon the batter into the cupcake tins until they are filled 2/3 of the way.
5. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Once the cupcakes are done, transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
7. Buttercream frosting: Using an electric mixer, whip all ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
8. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them as desired and enjoy.