Chlorella Matcha "Nice" Cream
By Aiko Jin
Summer is not summer without a little ice cream, so opt to make this healthier, vegan, non-dairy, and gluten-free Chlorella Matcha "Nice" Cream for all your summer adventures.
Unfortunately, if you’re vegan or lactose intolerant, enjoying this creamy treat may not be such a breeze. But look no further! Made with our Sun Chlorella® Powder, this Chlorella Matcha “Nice” Cream is vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Not only that, but it contains vitamins (like B12), minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, good-fats, and chlorella growth factor to help your body thrive. Sounds like a sweet deal. Happy summer!
Yield: 6-8 small scoops
• 4 large (or 5 medium) frozen bananas, sliced into discs
• 1 frozen avocado, pitted and peeled
• 3 tsp Matcha
• 1 packet Sun Chlorella® Powder
• 1 cup coconut milk (use full-fat for a creamier taste)
• Optional: vegan chocolate chips
1. In a high-speed blender, blend the coconut milk, matcha, and chlorella until fully incorporated.
2. Add the sliced frozen bananas and frozen avocado and blend until creamy.
3. Transfer to an airtight container and mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, if desired.
4. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Thaw for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Author: Aiko Jin